PCME’s Dust Measurement Technologies
Over the past 20 years, PCME has pioneered and developed a full range of dust measurement techniques which have proven to be the basis of innovative, reliable, accurate and traceable instruments for continuous particulate emission measurement. Each technique has particular strengths making it suitable for specific process conditions found in industrial applications:
- ElectroDynamic™ Probe Electrification instruments provide rugged and accurate performance in applications with low dust levels (eg bagfilters) and provide a practical alternative to optical systems when instrument maintenance is not readily available.
- Cross-duct DynamicOpacity™ Ratiometric Opacity techniques overcome contamination problems of traditional opacity techniques in power plant and combustion applications and are most suitable for large stacks and relatively high dust loading conditions.
- ProScatter™ Light Scatter technology provides a highly accurate and traceable solution for chemical, metal, incineration, cement and power plant applications, especially those with low dust and falling under EN 14181 and PS-11 requirements.
- Extractive ProScatter™ technology provides a practical solution to the problem of eliminating interference from water on the particulate measurement in wet stacks after Flue Gas Desulphurisation (FGD) and Wet Collectors.
- Cross Stack Opacity instruments provide a recognized approach to Combustion, large stack - high dust applications using double pass transmission technology used for visible emissions
Interference and cross sensitivities are minimized by selecting the right technique for a particular application. PCME recommends the completion of a Site Survey Form which captures the essential application and process conditions required to select the optimum measurement technique for a specific industrial process